Monday, December 2, 2013

Life happens

This year for Thanksgiving I had some medical issues, I guess my spine is/was so out of adjustment it was causing problems with my hip(s). So when I got up to start Thanksgiving pies on Thursday morning I literally could not walk. My sweet hubby helped me to the rest room, and even dug out an old walker out of the garage. Every year I usually host quite a few people over for Thanksgiving, this year I was so glad I did not.
I did get some bread made in the morning and some potatoes peeled, but then the cooking got turned over to handyman and daughter. Thanksgiving dinner was a little simpler than I planned, but everything turned out good, thanks to my helpers.
I am a nurse, and nurses are the WORST patients. (ask any nurse) The other thing is I am usually pretty tough, don't complain about little aches or pains much, well this time I did, too much pain to deal with. By Saturday I was begging for a Chiropractor, and I found one locally who could see me, he helped a lot, and I will have to be seeing him quite a bit for a while. I made it to work today, but it was a lot of effort.
When I got home I found Handyman on the couch, pretty much in shock - he had fallen off of the truck tailgate and was not sure what had happened, but he is pretty sore and has a few skin tears. I think he is really going to be sore in a few days.

I week or two ago I was thinking to myself how well life was going, just when I think that things usually start falling apart a little. Handyman and I are not moving too fast today, but we will be OK, thankful we have each other to get through hard times.

We have a lot going on right now in our family, (kids) - job issues, health issues, upcoming move, financial needs.

I am thankful we have a kind and loving Heavenly Father we can go to when we need him, in prayer, in priesthood blessings, in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment