Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mid arm sewing machine

Talking with a friend yesterday (a quilter also) she did not realize that I have a true quilting sewing machine and frame. So wanted to share some pictures of a quilt I worked on yesterday for some VERY special people.
 
The frame is nice, you do not baste or pin the quilt together prior to quilting you just pin the bottom fabric the batting and the top fabric to the poles. After you quilt a section about 6-8 inches you roll to the next section, until you are completed. This is a 60x60 quilt and I did not do close together quilting (because Christmas is coming and I have so many projects to do) It took me about an hour to set up this quilt, and about 1 1/2 hours to quilt it. In the quilting world that is pretty fast. If I did it by hand it would take me about 40+ hours. I do like to hand quilt, but have found I cannot complete things fast enough. This is a picture of the quilt on the frame in my loft (is getting so full of stuff up here, the bed may have to go)

 
Can you guess who the quilt is for?

2 comments:

  1. How awesome to have something like that sewing machine! I'm sure whoever this quilt is for will be doing the happy dance when they get it.
    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa for always being such a positive friend, hope my they like the bright colors as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete