Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring on the Mountain

I was reminded by one of my cousins that I have not posted on my Blog in a while. She is correct, life has been very busy this year, work has been crazy. But this week I have vacation (at home) and plan on Blogging and quilting and visiting some Aunt's and a special cousin. Seeing all the Aunts and Uncles makes me want to go visit them all, they are not getting any younger, (me too) and I want to get some family history written down and recorded. I asked many of the Wass's this year, "How did the first Wass come to Mariposa County and what year was that?". I got a few different answers, but many were very similar, all seem to agree the Wass family has been here since about 1870 something. My Great Grandpa married an Ashworth, there were a few families from West Virginia and they can to California about the same time (or together?)....more to follow.

My family always has a family reunion the Saturday before Easter, this year not all were able to make it, but we had a wonderful day anyway. Cathy and Darrell and Shelby were able to all be there and spend the night with us. The weather was perfect all day. We are very blessed.

Tom, Cathy, Shelby and I, ready to go the party, (Darrel is taking the picture)

 
Cathy, Shelby and Darrell

 
Shelby and Cathy

 
Aunt Clara, Shelby and the EB

 
Ronda, Tanya, me and Marie
two of these ladies are really struggling with some health issues, but you would never know it by this picture. I did not share the picture of the ice vests or the walker. (I am in denial that they have any medical issues)

 
Ready for the Easter egg hunt, Shelby, Madison and Rusty (too cute), yes the sun was in Shelby's eyes, and she also got some grass or something in her eye

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog and appreciate that you have started up writing it again. The family pictures are great and it keeps me up with what is going on. Regarding the family history I did tons of work for awhile on the Ashworth family. You are welcome to a copy of my file. Its rather large so I would need to mail you a thumb drive etc. Also would need to know a format to put it into? Do you have the Family Tree Maker software or something similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben, I hope to get back to doing things I enjoy more, work was kinda overtaking my life. Doing some quilting this week, and blogging!
    Would love to have a copy of what you have, PDF would be fine. I do not have family tree maker. I just use what the church has - new.familysearch.org.
    I have gotten on Ryan's Ancestory.com though. I will send you a note in snail mail. thanks!

    ReplyDelete