Saturday, April 20, 2013

Spring in Yosemite

I thought I would bring Tom some dinner tonight, he stays up in the park on his weeknights most of the time. We ate our picnic dinner and then walked up to the falls, Tom gets to hear them at night when he stays in the park, his room is walking distance from the falls, and if the falls are running hard from a wet winter you can really hear them. They are running good right now, but not great. Was not a very wet year.
Lower Yosemite falls, Tom and I. The water coming off the falls creates quite a wind, amazing!

Upper and Lower falls

Tom getting a little mist from the falls.

Frazil ice was Monday I guess, this is where the river freezes as it flows, I have never gotten to see it, will try to catch it next year.
 
Here is a link to learn more about the Frazil Ice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment