Saturday, August 28, 2010

BAKEFEST 2010 - the Mariposa County Fair prep

Every year I try to enter some things in the Mariposa Fair, it is fun, love to see the blue ribbon on something you make all the time...maybe someone appreciates it?

Some picture of this years entries...

Troy's Oatmeal Cookies

Dinner Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls


No Bake Cookies
Wheat bread, and white bread and Apricot Jam
Most of the entries, Zucchini bread burned - I don't know if I have the energy for a redo

the leftovers!

Have a great Labor Day weekend, wish me luck on my entries.

Do you see any best of Shows?? People's choice?

3 comments:

  1. The cinnamon rolls! We like to make those once in a while with our sourdough starter. Good luck and bring home some of those "Blue Ribbons". Cousin Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get all blue ribbons! Those look delicious. Also, thanks for the comment on my blog about fermentation of tomato seeds. I'll look into it and repost if necessary. This is my first year to try and save tomato seeds.
    BTW...Your photography is beautiful.
    Nancy
    http://www.howtohomemaker.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whie and Whole wheat bread got 1st, cinnamon rolls got 1st, jam did not place, one of the cookies got 2nd, and one third. Not too bad. I was disapointed about the oatmeal cookies - they were perfect.

    ReplyDelete